An Online Practicum in Giving the 19th Annotation
This Practicum will explore the content, graces and dynamics of the 19th Annotation: Retreat in Everyday Life. It will provide assistance and support to spiritual directors as they give the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. This Practicum will deepen one’s experiential understanding of the weeks of the Spiritual Exercises as they unfold in the everyday life of a retreatant. Growth in the knowledge and understanding of Ignatian Rules for Discernment will unfold the appreciation of the art and skill of spiritual discernment.
Requirements for admission:
- Completed a Formation Program for Spiritual Direction
- Receives monthly Spiritual Direction
- Meeting with at least two persons for monthly ongoing spiritual direction and receiving monthly supervision
- Made the complete Spiritual Exercises either in the Thirty-Day Directed Retreat or the 19th Annotation Retreat
- Will direct at least one retreatant who will make the retreat from September to May and who can meet with you on a weekly basis
Dates / Times: 2nd Sunday of each month September 2021 to May 2022 - 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Requirements for the practicum are as follows:
- A person who feels called to make the 19th Annotation Retreat and requests you as his/her director. Retreatant and director meet weekly.
- A book report on the life of St. Ignatius.
- Monthly attendance at and participation in class.
- Process notes for Disposition Days and for each Week of the Exercises
- An in-class presentation.
- Monthly readings for class.
If you are interested, please register and send a letter of intent including your desire to participate in this Practicum to Lyan Tri, ACJ (email@example.com) and Karen M. Doyle, SSJ (firstname.lastname@example.org). A Zoom interview with Karen will complete your application process.
We will accept a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 12.
To register, click HERE or call Sr. Lyan at 610 642 5715
Please make application on or before August 10, 2021.