Vocation Discernment Retreat Weekend
Discerning your vocation is not only possible, but an experience of great grace. Maybe you need some time to:
- Meet other women who experience the same nudges of the heart
- Ask questions about religious life
- Learn how to discern God’s will for you
- Pray about your future
- See what convent life is really like
- Get to know a group of women who are in love with the Eucharistic Christ
One retreatant, now a wife and mother, reflects on her experience:
“My retreat with the Handmaids was an amazingly peaceful, beautiful experience. The opportunity to get away from the pressures and duties of life and just immerse myself in spiritual practices, discussions, and encounters was definitely life-changing for me. I felt surrounded by holy, loving women of God who invited me to find out God’s call for my life, whatever that might be. For me, it was the call to marriage and family. The retreat opened my eyes to a wonderful man of God who has now become my devoted husband and the amazing father to my two beautiful sons.”
Jessica Kerber, now Sister Jessica, found that her retreat was the first step to a lifelong journey as a Handmaid of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. A Handmaid now for 10 years, living in communities in the US, Argentina and Spain, she experiences her vocation as a gift, and with great gratitude to God is looking towards final vows.
Both women felt affirmed and helped by a serious discernment experience. Being open to God helped them both discover God’s dream for their happiness.…God’s plan for their lives.
You, too, can experience the same generosity, openness, and clarity.
On your retreat, you can expect:
- Facts about religious life, and how you can know if it’s right for you
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Tips on choosing a good Spiritual Director
- Divine Office prayed with the Sisters
- Shared Prayer
- Laughter as we compare our stories
- Friendship with other young women who are asking themselves the same questions
- Private time
- Beautiful grounds and plenty of prayer space
- No-pressure environment
The retreat will start on Friday at 5:00pm and end on Sunday at 3:00pm. Please make sure to register no later than one week prior to the event. You can register online HERE. There is no cost for any of our Vocation Weekend Retreats.
Arrangements can also be made for an individual or small group on other dates. Please contact Sister Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org) about this possibility.