OUR POLICY OF CARE AND CONCERN
To help ensure everyone’s safety as we welcome you back to St. Raphaela Center, we ask that we make the following commitments to each other:
Our commitment to you:
- We will continue to offer you the warm, welcoming, peaceful space for which our Center is known - a place for you to “come away” and experience the quiet of God’s loving embrace.
- Our staff will wear masks at all times and complete a health screening each day.
- Indoor seating will meet all physical distance guidelines. Outdoor space will be available and welcoming.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes will be readily available throughout the SRC.
- Common and high touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Linens and hard services in guest rooms will be cleaned and sanitized after each guest.
- Buffet stations will be removed and meals will be served by staff wearing masks and gloves.
- As always, we will continue to hold you in love and prayer during your stay here.
Your commitment to each other and to us:
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, couch or shortness of breath), please help keep everyone safe by rescheduling your stay.
- Wear a mask at all times except when eating or drinking and in your bedroom.
- Practice social distancing throughout SRC.
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands for twenty seconds or sanitizing hands frequently and thoroughly throughout your stay.
- Sanitize your meeting/prayer space after using.
- Limit the sharing of objects.
- Review our complete health and safety plan below.
Saint Raphaela Center Health & Safety Plan: August 2020
Before Entering SRC
- If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or are in any other way not feeling well, we ask that you please do not enter SRC.
- If you have tested positive to COVID19, we ask that you please do not enter SRC until at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared and at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and you are symptom free.
- If you have been recently exposed to someone with COVID19 or if you have recently returned from areas with a high number of COVID-19 cases (based on CDC and state announcements) please do not enter SRC until 14 days have passed since your exposure and you are symptom free. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html
ON Entering SRC
- Anyone entering SRC must bring and wear a mask that properly and securely covers both nose and mouth. Masks are required in all public spaces, meeting rooms and dining rooms. Masks may be removed in the dining room for eating and drinking and may be removed in individual bedrooms. SRC has replacement masks should you need another mask during your visit.
- Individuals should enter through the door at Our Lady’s Hall and ring the bell so that a staff member may greet you, read your temperature, have you complete a health assessment form. Your information will be maintained in our records. If you have a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, you will not be permitted to enter or work until you are fever free without fever suppressants for 72 hours.
- For groups: On the day of arrival group leaders are required to have retreatants complete a health assessment. The leader should then record the temperature for each retreatant in the group and add to their assessment. Upon arrival at SRC, please come to the Main Entrance, ring the doorbell and wait for a staff member to greet you and confirm receipt of your documentation.
- Vendors are asked to call ahead to schedule an appointment to come inside SRC. Vendors are required to wear masks and wash or sanitize hands or wear gloves when delivering items or working in SRC.
During your stay at SRC
- Maintain social distancing, avoid sharing of objects and follow health safety practices:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands. You can also use the sanitizers you’ll find around the SRC.
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Open the windows regularly to ensure open ventilation
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- To provide for an individual bedroom for each guest, groups are limited to 28 guests for an overnight retreat in the Main House and11 guests in the House of Hope. For the safety of all, overnight guests are suggested to bring their own pillows.
- Maximum capacity for a day retreat is 30.
- Meeting rooms will be set to meet social distancing guidelines. (Please do not move furniture without approval of the Director or Manager.)
- Guests are asked to try to sit in the same locations each time they are in a particular room.
- Tables, chairs and equipment will be disinfected prior to a group use and at the end or beginning of each day. This may require delayed start for morning gatherings or restriction of some areas once they have been cleaned in the afternoon or evening.
- After using meeting and open spaces for prayer/reflection or conversation, guests are asked to sanitize the hard surface areas they touched. SRC will provide sanitizer and cleaning wipes throughout the facility.
- Games and puzzles are not available at this time.
- Swimming is not available for groups at this time. For individual retreatants, no more than 2 people in the pool at a time.
- Tables are limited to 3 guests per table and guests are asked to sit in the same location throughout their stay. Weather permitting please take advantage of outside dining tables while continuing to maintain social distancing.
- All meals will be served by SRC staff wearing masks, gloves and aprons. Individually wrapped utensils will be handed out by SRC staff. Guests are asked to follow signs on the floor to maintain distance and space while in line for food. Upon request, disposable (biodegradable) dishes are available for guests.
- When filling mugs with hot water or using the toaster, guests are asked to use disposable bakery pick-up tissue to press the buttons on the unit.
- Guests are asked to use disposable bakery pick-up tissue to touch lids or scoops when getting cereal or snacks.
- After eating, guests are asked to use sanitizer and clean cloths provided to wipe the tables and chairs they have used.
- All high-touch surfaces such as desks and dressers and fixtures including door knobs, light switches, lamps in bedrooms will be cleaned thoroughly following each retreat.
- Public bathrooms will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Maintenance staff will wear masks and gloves at all times.
- All air blow dryers will be covered and paper towels to dry hands will be available.
- Staff will vacuum only when others are not around.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available throughout SRC.
- Reminder to wear masks
- Wash hands/disinfect frequently
- Social Distance at all times
- Disinfect the space before and after you use it