St. Raphaela Center is:
An oasis of peace
Located on nine beautiful acres just a few miles west of Philadelphia, the Center is a ministry of the Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, whose mission promotes wholeness, peace, and reconciliation with God, with others, and with creation.
An encounter with the Eucharist
Our chapel is the setting for daily Eucharistic Adoration and Mass.
Jesus, present in the Eucharist, pours out his love, making us whole and teaching us to embrace the brokenness in our world.
A home away from home
Our cozy facilities and attentive services make the Center an ideal place for rest and renewal.
We offer overnight accommodations and versatile spaces for prayer, conferences, and breakout sessions.
A warm welcome to people of all faiths
Whether it's for an evening or for a week, both individuals and groups pass through our doors for their own retreats and gatherings, or for retreats and programs offered by the Center.
A listening ear
Our trained spiritual directors can accompany you on several retreats we offer, as well as regular spiritual direction sessions. They can help you become aware of and respond to God's action in your life.
- Private Retreat Days: Choose from one of our scheduled dates or arrange for your own.
- Overnight Retreats & Other Programs: Choose from one of our scheduled programs or make arrangements for your own private retreat.
- Spiritual Direction: Share your journey with a trained director, either on an ongoing basis or during a retreat stay.
We host groups of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds. The following offerings are available for groups coming to the Center:
- Partial-day, full-day, or overnight stay
- Use of facilities and staff services
- Collaboration of a staff member to help plan and facilitate a retreat
We are adding new programs all the time! Some of our regular programs include:
A warm welcome and God's loving embrace await you every day at
St. Raphaela Center - a place and a time for God.